Wednesday, November 7, 2007

ANTHONY HAMILTON


Anthony Hamilton, currently active via his work on the "American Gangster" soundtrack, has announced that Feb. 5 will mark the release date of his new solo album, tentatively titled "Me."

He tells Billboard.com that the project will "make a statement" with songs that are "full of life and situations we all go through, the changes of men and women and relationships with God and family and children -- and the political side of Anthony Hamilton that I speak out on in certain situations."

Among his social commentaries are "Home," a soldier's message to his wife that Hamilton co-wrote with his wife, Tarsha McMillan Hamilton, and "Who Left the Gate Open?," which looks at the role of parenting (or lack thereof) in creating "the wild, untamed people ... who raise so much hell in the world."

He tells Billboard: "I always felt my third album was going to be my best one. I don't think I'm going to let myself down or the people down. It's a nice transition; you can just see my growth from the first one and the second one to this one."

Other songs on the album include "Souls on Fire," "Praying For You," "Cool" and "Me." He recently recorded a new song, "Love," and is still working in the studio, but expects to be done by the end of this month and mixing and mastering in December.

Also, Hamilton recently dueted with Keyshia Cole on "Losing You," which he co-wrote for her new album, "Just Like You"; with country singer Josh Turner on "Nowhere Fast" from his new album, "Everything is Fine"; and with rapper Chingy on "They Don't Know" from "Hate It or Love It," which comes out Dec. 11. Additionally, Hamilton appears on saxophonist Boney James' new holiday album, "Christmas Present."

As for his work on "American Gangster," which hits stores tomorrow (Nov. 6), Hamilton recorded the Diane Warren-written "Do You Feel Me" and "Stone Cold," which he co-wrote with longtime Public Enemy producer Hank Schocklee. He also performs "Do You Feel Me" during a scene in the movie.

"I think it's a great opportunity for people to see me in a different light," he says, "not video but on a big, mega-screen, and to be connected with such amazing talent. It puts a little shine on my dusty texture. My velvet bow tie looks a little patent leather right now."




No comments: